As a preferred supplier for Roche in Basel, we are looking for a dedicated personality (f/m/d) as Research Project and Operations Manager (contract for 1 year, with extension if it is a fit for all parties) start date within 3 months. Remote/Home Office is possible.
We are looking for an optimistic and energetic team player who can engage in positive and productive interactions with highly diverse R&D teams and partner functions. You will apply your Project Management, operational and finance expertise to support the Research Project Leaders (RPLs) and other team members in a number of drug discovery project teams, becoming a critical pillar to sustain key R&D projects in organizational and resourcing matters. This position is for a person who deeply cares for people and projects' success.
- Be the Research Project Manager in charge for assigned drug discovery projects, starting at Target Assessment, and until entry into Early Development.
- Prepare project plans in alignment with the corresponding RPLs and project team members.
- Maintain and update project plans in the internal planning, tracking and information systems.
- Liaise with NRD Finance through direct interaction and with tools for budget planning and control. Keep project budget data (forecasts and actuals) updated in accordance to Finance and operations guidance. Foresee, control and report budget deviations.
- Be the reference point for all matters related to planning and budget for the assigned projects.
- Ensure alignment between project strategy and execution in terms of efficacy, efficiency and quality.
- Support the RPLs and other key team members with project management advice and technical expertise. Be the recognized expert in planning excellence for the designated projects.
- Partner with RPLs to foster and enable a high performing team culture and community that is based on expertise and contribution of its members, shared responsibility, and the coordination of work towards common goals.
- Take active care for the risk management processes of the projects within your area of responsibility, in alignment with the policies of NRD and pRED.
- Identify gaps, bottlenecks, accelerations or delays, challenge assumptions and propose options to close gaps and get projects back on schedule.
- Take ownership of established processes and procedures related to your designated projects.
- Contribute to the dissemination of project information in collaboration with other members of R&D. Contribute to the preparation of governance presentations and documents.
- Interface with Network Heads, Network Managers and other R&D functions to ensure good alignment between your assigned projects and their corresponding Networks.
- Support the team in the organization and coordination of team meetings, workshops, squads and other models of agile collaboration. Take responsibility for agendas, minutes and meetings flow with a positive and non-disruptive approach.
- Always act and interact in a positive, collaborative and friendly manner, with an agile and open attitude
- Scientific education (PhD preferred, Master considered). Post Doc are considered if not for too long after graduation (e.g 3/4 years post-graduation)
- Industry experience, hands-on knowledge of the drug discovery process
- Experience working in a lab, preferably as lab manager
- Around 5 & maximum 10 years of experience (combining research, lab experience & industry experience)
- Experience as Project Manager in matrix environments, taking responsibility of R&D projects and supporting complex cross-functional project teams.
- Experience in implementing, coordinating and improving processes. Capacity to organize, structure and drive project implementation activities.
- Demonstrated creative thinking and strong analytical skills with an open mindset that is service oriented and a strong ability to work independently.
- Proven adaptability and positive attitude toward changing requests and environments.
- A flexible and team oriented mindset, focused on a common vision.
- Experience on Neuroscience and Rare Diseases therapeutic disciplines