Cluster Finance and SFE Lead
Location: Zug, Switzerland or Munich, Germany
Blueprint Medicines is a global precision therapy company that invents life-changing therapies for people with cancer and hematologic disorders. Applying an approach that is both precise and agile, we create medicines that selectively target genetic drivers, with the goal of staying one step ahead across stages of disease. Since 2011, we have leveraged our research platform, including expertise in molecular targeting and world-class drug design capabilities, to rapidly and reproducibly translate science into a broad pipeline of precision therapies. Today, we are delivering approved medicines directly to patients in the United States and Europe, and we are globally advancing multiple programs for genomically defined cancers, systemic mastocytosis, and cancer immunotherapy.
Our vision is simple yet bold— to deliver a new generation of highly selective therapies that dramatically improve patients’ lives. To do this, we are fueled by curiosity and ignited by hope.
Our company has attracted some of the most brilliant and accomplished talents in the industry and is now looking for an entrepreneurial, strategic, and well-rounded Cluster Finance and SFE Lead who excels when opportunity knocks.
This exciting opportunity for an experienced finance professional provides an opening to help shape Cluster strategies which drive systematic value creation and pave the way for continuous personal development. This individual will bring their unique perspective coupled with intelligence, an appreciation for the business, and a natural passion for rapid, yet informed change to maximize our collective success.
In this newly developed position, the individual will be a key partner to country/cluster teams at Blueprint Medicines and will be integral to building a cohesive, fully integrated cluster organization in support of the business strategy and operational growth plans. Additionally, the successful candidate will partner day-to-day with Finance and Commercial colleagues, managers, and employees to support commercial initiatives and partner with the teams to drive local success. This role is in a unique position to be on the ground floor of local commercial initiatives as we embark on the next chapter of the Blueprint Medicines’ story.
He/she will start ASAP with a one-year contract, with potential to turn into a permanent contract after the one year. Reporting into the Director, International Finance, the successful candidate should be a strong Local/Cluster Finance Business Partner. He/she should also have strong analytical, organizational, and problem-solving skills and be able to present financial information and models in a concise and easily comprehensible manner. To start, this role will support multi clusters (DACH + FRBNLUK + ITIB + NO).
Cluster Finance (85%)
- Act as a Finance Business Partner to the Cluster/Country Teams in a close collaboration with the International Finance Team.
- Support the implementation of the local strategy by identifying/initiating actions to drive opportunities, mitigate risks and challenge business assumptions.
- Actively participate into the Cluster Quarterly Business Reviews as well as provide input into the Revenue projection.
- Lead the roll-out and manage local/cluster FP&A activities (Budget/Forecast/LRP).
- Participate in the month-end close activities and provide support on local technical finance matters.
- Develop and Implement financial models (results simulations, what if scenario) to support dynamic forecast, budget and decision-making process
- Assist with the newly established OTC process
- Create and maintain country level policies and controls in coordination with the International HQ
- Help optimize resource utilization (cash consumptions and budget spent) – Invest for growth, help challenge business on needs, analysis, and recommendations
- Perform ad-hoc complex analyses to support business partners on special projects
Sales Force Effectiveness (15%)
- Assist with CRM implementation (finance topics) and support SFE activities locally
- Measure business performance and sales force effectiveness – provide recommendations
- Prepares ad-hoc analyses and presentations as needed
- Master's Degree in Finance or equivalent
- Minimum of 7/8 years’ progressive Finance and SFE experience (Local and/or Cluster roles).
- Experience in biotechnology, pharmaceutical or medical device industry preferred.
Key Competencies and Capabilities
- Strong business acumen coupled with emotional intelligence
- Ability to be strategic and hands-on in a rapid growth, fast-paced global organization where agility was demanded, fresh solutions were embraced, and a growth mindset was pervasive.
- Profound skills in market and competitor analysis, combined with strong finance knowledge.
- Analytical skills, high learning agility and problem-solving skills
- Attention to detail and quality focused
- Authentic, active communicator with the proven ability to build relationships.
- English and German a must, another EU language would be a plus
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Powered by JazzHR