What's the role?
We are looking for an experienced IT Project Manager who will manage & lead projects under Finance & Controlling IT and working towards achieving our overall Finance business & IT vision.
Project management responsibilities include the coordination and completion of projects on time within budget and within scope, oversee all aspects of projects, set deadlines, assign responsibilities, and monitor and summarize progress of project etc.
Prepare reports for upper management regarding status of project.
You will strongly contribute to our digital transformation journey shaping the future of digitalization at Hilti, which is essential to further grow our position as quality and innovation leader.
Who is Hilti?
We provide leading-edge tools, technologies, software, and services for the global construction sector. Hilti is a multicultural workplace with some 30,000 people in more than 120 countries committed to global teamwork.
The IT department within Hilti is a truly global team with main hubs in Buchs (Switzerland), Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia), and Plano / Tulsa (USA).
All locations have highly competent teams who work very closely together. Hilti’ s Global IT team is known for their focus on sustainable value creation by translating latest IT innovations into value creating solutions & services.
What does the role involve?
As an IT Project Manager, you will work directly with business counterparts to ensure deliverables fall within the applicable scope and budget.
You will coordinate with other departments (IT & Business) to ensure all aspects (end to end) of each project are compatible.
1. Leads, directs, and coordinates the project management team in the design of the overall project, and in the development of the implementation plan and project timelines.
2. Identifies and develops working relationships with affected Business and IT functions at all levels; ensures that representatives from all functions are kept appropriately informed of project activities and are encouraged to participate as appropriate.
3. Advises process teams representing functions needs regarding cross-functional considerations, workflow integration and coordination, and optimization of best practices.
4. Provides and ensures communication with and between project and respective functional management at critical points in the implementation of the project plan.
5. Identifies, secures, and coordinates implementation of internal and external resources and expertise as appropriate to achieve project objectives.
negotiates changes in project resources as necessary to achieve objectives and timelines.
7. Leading RFI’s, RFP’s and Vendor selection process etc.
recruits, trains, oversees, and deploys technical and functional staff as appropriate.
evaluates performance and makes recommendations for personnel actions; motivates employees to achieve peak productivity and performance.
10. Develops and manages operating budgets as appropriate and performs periodic cost and productivity analyses.
11. Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
You will be part of a global and diverse team located in Buchs (St. Gallen), Switzerland. You will be actively working with IT colleagues in other two strategic IT locations (Kuala Lumpur Malaysia and Plano / Tulsa USA) and with our business stakeholders around the world.
We live diversity and inclusion. We develop and manage our team members based on trust and empowerment. Our values are integrity, courage, teamwork and commitment.
What do we offer?
We give you the autonomy to identify the right technology solutions for our customers. We also encourage you to grow, not only in this role, but also beyond - you will be able to move around the business, to experience various job functions and even work abroad in different markets.
Our IT department is located in Buchs SG, Switzerland in the beautiful and mountainous Rhine Valley. It is in convenient walking distance to the city center and train station as well as in close proximity to our corporate headquarters in Schaan, Liechtenstein.
As integral part of our performance oriented yet caring culture we want you to work your best. Offers such as flexible working / part time arrangements, comprehensive insurance and pension plans, day care for your children are just some of the ways we do that.
Additionally, Hilti e-bikes are readily available for you to use free of charge!
Why should you apply?
We have an excellent mix of people, challenging, and developing you every single day! Success at Hilti is down to teamwork and ability, no matter what your background is.
The ideal candidate has a strong ability to acquire and apply new technical expertise quickly on assigned responsibilities.
You should be using advanced tools and methods for gathering of facts including analytical methods to develop solutions scenarios.
In addition, you can prepare decisions and actions based on deep understanding of our Hilti Business Model, specific product area and corresponding IT strategy & guidelines.
We have a clearly defined career development track for every individual employee and an excellent team whom are duly rewarded by performance.
Last not least you enjoy working side by side with partners, colleagues, and teams on tough problems.
What you need is :