Position purpose :
Lead the global locations of Viral Vectors Development (AAV & LV), delivering multiple projects, operations, and initiatives by optimally setting up oversight talents, assets, and equipment to best serve business needs.
Ensure timely operational excellence, delivery of high quality products and solutions.
Support the Global Cell and Gene Therapy in defining and executing the strategy and vision in line with the Technical Development-
establishing common models and practices across sites to drive efficient transfer of processes to GMP plants.
Manage the CGT portfolio across development sites and effectively align with the overall program priorities. Provide and balance resources to best serve business needs globally by optimally setting up talents, assets and equipment.
Drive execution of global organizational projects / initiatives, technology and activities in order to strengthen CGT technical development (TD) at Novartis through innovation, quality and productivity.
1) Prominently contributes to the creation and implementation of the Global function strategy as a member of the CGT TD leadership team.
Based on this, define team strategy, directions and KPIs, aligning with other teams and partners
2) Lead the team comprising of multiple sites and projects, operations, initiatives and resources. Ensure that both strategic and operational objectives for the global CGT TD are met or exceeded by setting appropriate priorities and by ensuring optimal use of resources
3) Ensure one (or several) of the following activity (ies) : the development of innovative viral vectors processing and formulated viral bulk clinical supplies for the development projects and transfer processes to clinical sites.
4) Balance costs vs. risks and ensure timely deliverables according to budget planning and optimal usage of available resources across the global organization.
5) Ensure an efficient set up of people, assets, tools and equipment in order to best serve business needs consistently and with high quality.
Make sure that all deliverables are achieved against agreed upon timelines and with committed resources and budget
6) Ensure oversight best practice sharing, knowledge exchange, and cross-functional support within the team.
7) Effectively manage the interfaces with other partnering functions / teams as well as partners.
8) Ensure, for all the sites that all solutions and products are delivered in compliance with all pertinent corporate and legal guidelines on HSE and quality requirements.
University degree in related field of functional expertise
Excellent command of spoken and written English
927 million. That’s how many lives our products touched in 2017. And while we’re proud of that, in this world of digital and technological transformation, we must also ask ourselves this : how can we continue to improve and extend even more people’s lives?
We believe the answers are found when curious, courageous and collaborative people like you are empowered to ask new questions, make bolder decisions and take smarter risks.
We are Novartis. Join us and help reimagine medicine.