Biogen in Switzterland is looking to hire a Market Access Manager for the affiliate level.
1.Ensures fast patient access to Biogen’s new products:
- Leads the compilation of the reimbursement dossiers
- Develops and implements pricing strategies as well as new access models
- Negotiates reimbursement with the Federal Office of Public Health (FOPH)
- Leverages article 71a-d KVV discussions with health insurance companies to win early access for patients in need
2. Strategic life cycle pricing - maintains patient access whilst maximizing the revenue of the existing brands:
- Manages the regular price reviews by the FOPH and label changes of the products
- Negotiates reimbursement of new indications, galenic forms etc.
- Provides accurate qualitative and quantitative input into Budget and Strategic Planning.
- Considers the impact on business strategy caused by competitors' actions
- Monitors regulatory environment (KVG, KLV, KVV, TARMED, DRG etc.)
- Anticipates the financial impact of current and new legislation; quantifies the risks and opportunities for Biogen
3. Interactions internal stakeholders:
- Collaborates with internal cross functional stakeholders, especially within the local brand teams to develop and implement innovative pricing strategies and supports further business activities, e.g. brand planning and business reviews
- Interacts with International Biogen Market Access functions
4. Interaction external stakeholders:
- Establishes strong relationships with key stakeholders such as health insurance companies, FOPH, Federal Social Insurance Office (FSIO), leading hospitals, pharmacies and others.
- Develops and implements innovative pricing projects (e.g. health economic studies, new access models) to secure optimal access for the BIIB portfolio
5. Adverse Events Reporting or Technical Product Complaint Management
Master in health economics, or law, natural science such as pharmacology, molecular biology, medicine
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in Pricing & Reimbursement in Switzerland.
- Experience with reimbursement dossier compilation in Switzerland.
- Solid understanding of Swiss national health care, regulatory environment, of drug P&R and listing processes.
- Experience with a payer (health insurance companies, federal administration) or in the pharmaceutical industry. Knowledge of health economics
- Experience in at least one stakeholder sector within the pharmaceutical industry (e.g. Product Manager, Medical Advisor, MSL, Business Analyst, Financial Analyst).
- Ability to develop trust-based relationships with government officials, regulators, and other key stakeholders.
- Strong negotiation and analytical skills.
- Understanding of the commercial principles underpinning the pharmaceutical market.
- German and English fluency
The Market Access Manager secures reimbursement for Biogen products through demonstration their proper value. In this context, the Market Access Manager supports and implements local Pricing & Reimbursement strategic priorities derived from Biogen’s international and local strategies in close collaboration with the Head External Affairs & Market Access. This proactive pricing strategy should consider a comprehensive view of Biogen’s product portfolio and will facilitate fast and broad patient access to Biogen products. It is key to establishes an excellent relationship with all relevant institutional stakeholders such as the federal office of public health or health insurance companies to smooth out the hurdles Biogen’s customers and patients are confronted with.