Intro : Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together.
Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart.
Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways.
Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started. Summary : A Technical Artist is the key bridge between artists and engineers, and Facebook Reality Labs is currently looking for a passionate team member to closely work with a multidisciplinary team to build the next cutting-edge real-time graphics and technology for VR / AR.
Required Skills : 1. Partner closely with the engineering and design teams to prototype and develop content.2. Design, manage and maintain the pipeline from artists and designers through to deployment.
3. Optimize content through enhancing performance and instructing the artists and designers on asset creation, modeling and texturing best practices.
4. Prototype, profile and optimize shaders.5. Develop broad technical expertise to assist in a wide variety of technical and artistic tasks.
6. Quickly solve issues with cross-functional leads.7. Thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced environment. Minimum Qualifications : 8.
Extensive experience with Maya Python / PyMEL, PySide / PyQt, and OpenGS / GLSL9. Strong proven experience in game development as a Technical Artist10.
Proven track record of creating experiences with Unity11. Experience with game profiling and optimization techniques.12.
Experience working with shaders. (Knowledge of Unity Shader Graph is a plus).13. Experience creating 3D art pipeline tools (Modeling, Rigging, Animation etc.
14. Experience collaborating on multi-disciplinary teams.15. Experience communicating across team members including engineers and artists.
16. Experience making tools and automation for one or more packages like Maya, Houdini, Substance Painter, Substance Designer, ZBrush, Knald, Marmoset, Photoshop, etc.
17. Experience shipping products with stringent runtime performance constraints, such as complex mobile or 3D applications or games.
Preferred Qualifications : 18. Deep knowledge of low level real-time graphics pipeline concepts.19. Experience with Unreal.
20. Experience with C#21. Experience working with version control systems (Git, Perforce, etc.)22. Virtual reality experience (Rift, Vive, GearVR, etc.
23. Knowledge of emerging technologies. Industry : Internet