Intro : Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together.
Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart.
Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways.
Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started. Summary : The FRL team at Facebook is helping more people around the world come together and connect through world-class AR and VR hardware and software.
With global departments dedicated to research, computer vision, haptics, social interaction, and more, FRL is committed to driving the state of the art forward through relentless innovation.
AR & VR's potential to change the world is immense - and we're just getting 's XR Devices and Apps to empower 1B users with superhuman capabilities and the ability to feel more connected with each other.
From mixed reality and human interaction to natural inputs and beyond, XR Tech is focused on taking new technologies from early concept to the product level while iterating, prototyping, and realizing the human value and new experiences they open , manage, and inspire multiple engineering teams providing the backbone and unifying surface or our technology surface, The Perception Platform.
As an experience hands-on leader of multiple engineering teams, you will be responsible for the successful development and adoption of the Perception Platform across multiple operating systems and our future AR / VR devices.
You will directly and indirectly manage and grow multiple engineering teams from foundational infrastructure, to runtimes, to 3D engine tooling.
The ideal candidate will bring analytical rigor and structure to organizational design, establishing software development platforms and building and executing successful strategies for the future of AR and VR development across the industry.
Required Skills : 1. Make the Perception Platform successful.2. Establish and execute against a successful industry-wide strategy for mixed reality development.
3. Develop a robust organization that successfully delivers the core infrastructure, runtime, tooling and processes that allows us to seamlessly empower developers across multiple devices and OSes with the future of AR & VR technologies.
4. Work with product management, experience developers, the XR tech management team and our XFN partners to define state of the art AR & VR development tooling for the industry.
5. Drive an excellent customer experience, continually raising the bar on functionality, usability, and simplicity.6. Champion engineering and operational excellence, establishing metrics and process for regular assessment and improvement.
7. Provide strategic and organizational leadership and guidance to both your team members and your project peers.8. Set clear expectations and create a positive work environment based on accountability, in collaboration with the engineering, product management, product design, and management teams.
9. Operate strategically and tactically. Work on strategy and help set direction while staying on top of the day to day Perception Platform development.
10. Identify opportunities to share technology across the organization.11. Evaluate external technology and companies for acquisitions (buy or build decisions).
Minimum Qualifications : 12. 10+ years of relevant work experience in software engineering including 6+ years of successfully managing multi-tiered engineering organizations13.
5+ years experience C++ or C#.14. Experience leading, technically-challenging, cross-functional, dynamic engineering projects from conception to end15.
Demonstrated ability to recruit and manage technical teams, including performance management.16. BS / MS in Computer Science or a related technical field.
Preferred Qualifications : 17. Experience with games middleware technologies (, Unity, Havok, Crytek)18. Cross Platform knowledge (mobile, PC, consoles)19.
Track record of delivering strategically relevant and successful development platforms. Industry : Internet