For our client, a provider of reinsurance, insurance and other related business services in Zürich, we are looking for an individual as
(contract for 6 months with option for extension, full-time). The earliest start date is as soon as possible.
- Respond promptly to user requests for technical assistance Install and maintain desktop and data centre technology/equipment. This includes installing, configuring, diagnosing, repairing, patching and upgrading all IT hardware and equipment while ensuring its best performance
- Use JIRA issue tracking platform to record, track and manage requests through the support lifecycle
- Drive issues through to resolution and hand off to relevant 2nd and 3rd line staff members when needed
- Monitor global systems, network links, virtualized platforms and application health through shared Orion dashboards, resolving operational issues, or escalating to Experts
- Provide out-of-hours emergency support in response to important infrastructure issues and urgent user requests
- Creation and deployment of Windows application packages through appropriate packaging tools and Altiris.
- Manage month patch deployments through RNR's existing automated patching framework.
- Perform user training and IT system inductions during staff onboarding and at regular intervals as new systems are deployed and added to the support portfolio
- Ensure data backups and DR arrangements are running up-to-date, and observing corporate data protection and retention policies
- Manage local data centre operations, coordinating installation and maintenance work with vendors and remote hands support and ensuring appropriate data centre change control processes are followed
- Work with IT Security staff to ensure all relevant policies are followed, Assist Security team with Vulnerability management and patching
- Support tactical infrastructure project initiatives, supporting deployments from the through handover from project teams, where needed
- Always challenge the 'status quo' of RenaisssanceRe infrastructure systems and platforms in both tactical and strategic ways, raising the quality of service of delivered platforms and systems
- Take advantage of opportunities to further develop subject-matter expertise and or/ professional growth; seeks out new information and work assignments that stretch and challenge
- Identify innovative solutions and improve work process
- Share relevant information on issues and incidents, and contribute to dialogue with management and peers
- Provide support to the Application Development teams on infrastructure issues affecting either vendor provided and proprietary software
- Manage, maintain and support mechanical and engineering equipment through appropriate support and maintenance vendors (including structured cabling within the office environment, air conditioning maintenance and UPS servicing)
- Any other responsibilities relevant to the operational support of infrastructure systems
Your qualifications, skills and experience:
- A college/university degree in a suitable scientific field (Computer Science, Math, Physics etc.)
- One (or more) VMware, Linux, or Microsoft certification(s) an advantage
- CCNA or relevant networking experience an advantage
- 3+ years' experience supporting a multi-vendor environment including Linux /VMWare / Microsoft Products
- 3+ Years' experience in Server and desktop hardware monitoring and support
- Experience working with Microsoft Operating Systems, including Windows 10, Servers 2012, 2016 and newer.
- Experience with Microsoft directory services; Active Directory, Group Policy, AGPM, DNS & DHCP
- Good experience in one of the following virtualisation platforms: Citrix XenApp/Xen Desktop; VMWare vSphere, ESXi & Horizon View
- Demonstrate in-depth knowledge to support the Microsoft suite of applications (Office 365 – Word, Excel, PowerPoint & Outlook) Operational and implementational knowledge of software distribution and patch management platforms such as Symantec Altiris or SCCM
- Solid experience in content and collaboration tools such as Office 364, SharePoint, Microsoft Teams and OneDrive
- Have worked in a change-controlled environment, paying attention to regulatory and audit requirements & controls
- Excellent Customer Service, Verbal and Written Communication Skills Skill in automation and scripting experience in a suitable systems programming language (Python, PowerShell, Ruby)
Interested? You can find more information here: Infopackage. Please apply via the "Bewerben" button below and answer all questions, otherwise we will be unable to process your application.
Melde diesen Job
Zu Favoriten hinzufügen
Sie müssen eingeloggt sein, um diesen Job zu Ihren Favoriten hinzuzufügen. Klicken Sie auf "Weiter", um sich einzuloggen oder ein neues Konto zu erstellen. Sie können dann von unserer Website oder von der neuvoo Mobile App auf Ihre Favoriten zugreifen.Weiter