Intro : Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together.
Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart.
Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways.
Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started. Summary : The FRL team at Facebook is helping more people around the world come together and connect through world-class AR and VR hardware and software.
With global departments dedicated to research, computer vision, haptics, social interaction, and more, FRL is committed to driving the state of the art forward through relentless innovation.
AR & VR's potential to change the world is immense - and we're just getting , develops, and delivers new cutting-edge technologies that serve as the foundation of current and future Oculus products.
From mixed reality and human interaction to natural inputs and beyond, Core Tech is focused on taking new technologies from early concept to the product level while iterating, prototyping, and realizing the human value and new experiences they open , manage, inspire, and grow a diverse team responsible for ensuring we have outstanding calibration capabilities for all phases of research, design, engineering, and productization.
You will collaborate with experts across Facebook () to design calibration algorithms for next-generation VR / AR platforms.
With your leadership, calibration will be a competitive advantage for Oculus and Facebook. Required Skills : 1. Lead, coach, and grow a diverse team responsible for calibration architecture, algorithms, and software.
2. Set clear expectations and create north-star aspirational goals.3. Develop a positive work environment based on accountability and impact.
4. Tech leadership to develop, evaluate, understand, and implement cutting-edge calibration solutions5. Design software which enables calibration and validation across Oculus sites and manufacturing facilities.
6. Work with cross-functional partners to define robotic fixtures required for calibration7. Collaborate across engineering disciplines and geographies.
8. Recruit world-class talent and provide mentorship to team members. Minimum Qualifications : 9. BS / MS in Computer Science or a related technical field.
10. Professional experience architecting, developing, and shipping software products and / or services.11. Experience managing cross-functional engineering teams.
12. Able to thrive in a dynamic environment where goals and requirements may be changing. Preferred Qualifications : 13. Experience building calibration capabilities for integrated systems containing cameras, IMUs, lenses, and other components.
14. Background in Computer Vision - SLAM / PT, 3D reconstruction, object detection. Industry : Internet