Senior Developer Java (E-Commerce)
- Designing, coding, debugging, unit testing, and documenting large, complex software applications
- Collaborate on technical implementation, assist other developers and consultants in implementation and development
- Demonstrate capability to effectively assimilate new skills and use of new technologies.
- Exceptional productivity and attention to product quality issues
- Be accountable to deliver the task to the agreed standards
- Adhere to development standards and architectural guidelines
- Maintain current technical knowledge to support rapidly changing technology, being always on a look out for new technologies and work with management and development team in bringing new technologies on board
- Demonstrate abilities to effectively communicate ideas and to mentor less experienced team members
- Motivated to independently monitor and appraise emerging trends and technologies in software engineering and make recommendations or undertake independent research to validate new ideas
- Act as the key trouble-shooter in complex/escalated incidents
- Provide innovative ideas and solutions in an ever-changing environment with an up-to-date knowledge regarding existing technologies.
- Bachelor's / Master's degree (Science or Engineering preferred)
- 4-7 years of overall software development experience
- Knowledge of agile practices
- Business Knowledge: E-commerce domain
- Mastery of Core java, J2EE, Spring Framework, Eclipse/IntelliJ and Build Tools like Maven & Gradle
- Good understanding of object oriented programming, relational databases and component architecture.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent planning and organisational skills
- Strong and innovative approach to problem solving and finding solutions
- Strong ownership and persistent attitude to tasks
- Experience working in Agile Environment and Scrum Teams.
- Good logical and interpersonal skills
- English: Business Level (B2)
- German: Fluent Level (B1)
Workpermit for Switzerland or for EU-27/EFTA required.
WHAT YOU'RE IN FOR
Sly works with agile mentality, and engages customers to support their needs and objectives in a lean way. We work together with our clients so that they can get the benefit of our lean approach.
Our team consists of talented, respectful individuals who seek the benefit in collaboration and cooperation. We have lots of coffee breaks, afterwork drinks, play Playstation and bowl. We set our own activities, and time and leverage each of our talents to fulfil the customer's needs.
Sly GmbH is an equal opportunity employer and supports a diverse, inclusive work environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to protected characteristics, including race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or age.