Intro : Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together.
Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart.
Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways.
Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started. Summary : The FRL team at Facebook is helping more people around the world come together and connect through world-class AR and VR hardware and software.
With global departments dedicated to research, computer vision, haptics, social interaction, and more, FRL is committed to driving the state of the art forward through relentless innovation.
AR & VR's potential to change the world is immense - and we're just getting 's XR Devices and Apps to empower 1B users with superhuman capabilities and the ability to feel more connected with each other.
From mixed reality and human interaction to natural inputs and beyond, XR Tech is focused on taking new technologies from early concept to the product level while iterating, prototyping, and realizing the human value and new experiences they open , manage, and inspire engineering teams developing a next-generation platform for virtual reality.
As a hands-on leader, you'll help the team fulfill technical, operational, and business requirements. You'll guide architecture and delivery of software products.
The ideal candidate will solve complex technical challenges while delivering great consumer products focused on incredible mixed reality experiences.
Required Skills : 1. Help build and lead development of our Mixed Reality real-time scene understanding engine.2. Work with product management and experience developers to discover how scene understanding can enable developers to produce frictionless and immersive Mixed Reality experiences for VR and AR devices.
3. Drive an excellent customer experience, continually raising the bar on functionality, usability, and simplicity.4. Champion engineering and operational excellence, establishing metrics and process for regular assessment and improvement.
5. Establish a solid project framework and excellent development processes.6. Provide technical leadership and guidance to both your team members and your project peers.
7. Set clear expectations and create a positive work environment based on accountability, in collaboration with the engineering and management teams.
8. Communicate and collaborate effectively with global hardware and software engineering teams.9. Operate strategically and tactically.
Work on strategy and help set direction while staying on top of the day to day software development. Minimum Qualifications : 10.
BS / MS in Computer Science or a related technical field.11. Professional experience architecting, developing, and shipping software products and / or services.
12. Experience managing cross-functional engineering teams.13. Able to thrive in a dynamic environment where goals and requirements may be changing.
Preferred Qualifications : 14. 5+ years experience C++.15. Background in Computer Vision and Machine Learning for 3D reconstruction from images and depth sensors, mesh generation, model texturing from images.
16. Knowledge in machine learning, Bayesian filtering, information theory, and 3D geometry.17. 3D engine experience.18. Experience generating scene graphs from images or video.
19. Experience delivering APIs to developers. Industry : Internet